Screenplay ContesTIFF 2024
Screenplay ContesTIFF consists in the application of original live-action and animated short film scripts or other short form scripts of all genres (max. 20 pages) through the Filmfreeway online platform.
The said competition did not aim to evaluate only the best script, but to evaluate from our partner producers and distributors the best and most possible script to be produced by them and with the greatest chances to be successfully distributed in the most popular international festivals for short films.
Needless to say, the priority would lie on the scripts whose stories were not necessarily and geographically related to the author’s residence, but which facilitated the production of the film anywhere in Europe and were most likely to be shot in Albania as well, thus utilizing local resources, locations, Albanian production companies and Film Commission offices.
Our partners shall award the winner scripts with the MAILUKI Films Distribution Award and the possibility of signing a production or a distribution contract with our production and distribution partners.
The 10 selected screenwriters will be invited to Tirana during the festival to present their projects to our partner distributors and producers in an open pitching session.
The winners of Screenplay ContesTIFF 2024 will be announced at TIFF Awards Ceremony on September 28, 2024.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- All scripts must be submitted in English.
- Scripts must be the original work of the author(s) and, on the date of submission, must be wholly owned and controlled by the author(s) to be eligible for pitching and awards.
- Presentation of the project (synopsis, production details, shooting locations, study or reference materials, budget, expected year of film completion);
- Storyboard (if any);
- Once a script has been entered in the competition, under no circumstances will we accept substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your screenplay, you must enter it as a new submission and pay the appropriate entry
- Submissions should be standard length and should include page numbers in the upper right corner of the page.
- Once an entry payment has been received, we cannot provide a
TITLE PAGE: Since our judging process is anonymous, please include only the title of your script on your title page. Under no circumstances should your name or contact information appear anywhere in the body of your script.
FEEDBACK: If you are looking for notes and remarks from script doctors you should apply twice and state the reason for the second application.
NOTE: We strongly advise you to register your script before submitting it to anyone you do not know directly.